The only real security in this world is a reserve of knowledge, experience and ability. Redundancy can be a difficult ordeal, hitting hard both mentally and emotionally. As if the initial rumours of forthcoming job losses weren’t bad enough, the day you’re actually informed that you’ve been identified for redundancy can be personally traumatic. Your confidence takes a resounding blow and you’ll wonder whether you’ll ever work again. Our Redundancy Solutions programme, however, will not only build you back up again by getting you to realise the knowledge, experience and abilities you have at your disposal, but also show you the very positive opportunities now open to you. Questions to consider at this opportune time for objective reflection:
- I’ve been identified for redundancy by my current employer – what action can I take now to cushion the blow?
- I liked my work on the whole. What careers are open to me that would bring the equivalent enjoyment?
- Was I still getting the same personal fulfilment from my work as I was ten years ago?
- Was I using all my talents, abilities, experience and qualifications to the full? Could they have been better utilised in a completely different role? If so, how?
- Was I doing the right kind of work at the right level?
- Was I working in an organisation that was the right size for me?
- Was I progressing as I would have wanted?
- Did I have the quality of life I really wanted?
- Can I progress my chosen career, despite this redundancy?
- Should I re-train or update my qualifications?
- I now need new challenges and opportunities – how can I find them?
- Could I start my own business?
- I’ve never had much time to pursue my out-of-work interests. Could I convert these interests into a new working life that would be more personally rewarding?
For answers to these questions and more, book a place on our redundancy solutions programme or call us today on 020 7935 5452 to discuss ways that we can help you with planning your next career move.