We must find out truth for ourselves, and in ourselves.
For those former members of the Armed Forces who now need to find their way back into a new career in ‘Civvy Street’, even with the wealth of official support agencies at their disposal, the move can be quite daunting.
Job search skills and civilian careers advisory briefings, familiarisation visits to civilian companies, and TSRO in-house training all form part of the forces’ resettlement programmes.
But it’s our cutting-edge psychometric and personal consultancy programmes, fine-tuned to uncover the real you in depth – your drives and motivations, aims and ambitions, skills and talents (including hidden talents that your time in the forces perhaps didn’t bring to the fore) – and show you how and where to apply them, that will really set you on your way to a new working life.
As you look to make your way in civilian life, you may be asking yourself such questions as:
- How can I make best use of the skills and training I’ve acquired during my time in the forces?
- What new training will I need?
- What are my true abilities and talents, and how can I apply these in a civilian career?
- How do I make the switch to civvy street but not take a significant drop in salary?
- Do I really know what careers are out there for someone like me?
- How can I get started when everyone is asking for previous business experience?
- Could I start my own business?
- Is my CV okay? How can I improve it?
For help answering these questions and any similar questions you may have – consider booking a place on our Ex-Forces Assistance programme or get in touch on 020 7935 5452 to discuss ways we can help you.