Planning Your Career Choice
When you are first entering the world of work it can be very difficult deciding what the right career choice is for you to opt for.
1) Before you make any decisions regarding your career, you need to learn about yourself. Self assessment is crucial to discovering the right career choice. Two important questions you should ask yourself are:
- What are my interests & hobbies?
- What are my skills & achievements?
2) Once you have found a job (or jobs) that you would have the right skills for and that you would enjoy, you can do some exploring of it. Get in touch with someone who is working in this type of job and ask them some questions.
- What’s it like to work in that particular job?
- What qualifications and skills you would need?
- How to go about starting in this career?
The more things you ask, the better your understanding of what a job will involve and you will learn if you would like this type of career.
3) Now that you understand what is involved with a specific job you can determine how realistic it is as a career choice for you personally. Ask yourself a few questions. How many hours will you have to work? and what will your pay be like? You need to make sure you know what to expect before pursuing a career and you need to ensure that the job you want will match the lifestyle you want.
Tags: Career Choice