Your success will be our greatest achievement
A career is a very individual journey. Sometimes we follow a path wherever it leads us; at other times, however, we come to a point which causes us to step back and consider where we are and where we are going. At such times, Career Analysts can help its clients to:
- Reflect on their skills, personality, strengths, preferences and accumulated experience, taking a snapshot of where they are now and what they have to offer
- Clarify future career options and evaluate these in the light of individual life objectives, striking the best balance between career goals and the need for personal fulfilment
- Develop and refine a personal marketing campaign, learning how to identify career opportunities whether advertised or not; networking and interviewing skills; producing compelling achievement-based CV’s
- Research the recruitment market and act as an intermediary in introducing them to career opportunities
Every career watershed presents different personal challenges. That is why we always begin our relationship with our clients with a comprehensive review of the current situation, and then tailor and agree the most appropriate career management programme. The essence is that the selected programme focuses only on those career aspects that are needed at the time. Unlike most of our competitors, our Career Management Programme is not ‘off the shelf’. Its flexibility extends into agreeing the preferred pace and intensity of the chosen programme, and its overall duration. The programme content will draw to varying extents upon the following modules:
- Assessment:We will conduct in-depth psychometric analysis of aptitudes, personality, values and beliefs, motivation and occupational interests to quantify individual preferences, strengths and weaknesses.
- Career Counselling:A 2 hour one-to-one session with a fully qualified Occupational Psychologist reviewing your psychometric results, your personal and career history to date, your personal practical circumstances and your hopes for the future. The goal is to decide what you will aim for in the next stage of your career. A comprehensive personal report will be produced for each individual detailing the results of the psychometrics and the implications and recommendations going forward.At this stage you will have a better sense of the direction you wish to take. With a clearer idea of where you are going the next step is to map out how to get there.
- Planning the campaign
- Detailed discussion of the career options
- Set the objectives for the future
- Set various homework tasks to be completed before launch (e.g. identify target companies and roles)
- Identify the various routes into the job market (e.g. unadvertised and advertised roles, networking, the right recruitment consultants, etc)
- Preparing, launching and monitoring the campaign
- Review ‘homework’ and establish goals for campaign
- CV writing – CV’s will be produced aimed directly at specific job applications – new CV’s will be produced for each target for a period of up to 1 year
- Produce approach letters
- Complete applications
- Develop further options as required.
- Interview techniques: one to one coaching sessions using role play to develop skills for effective interviews:
- Body language
- Follow up
- Telephone skills
- Panel interviews
- Planning the campaign
- Self-employment/Entrepreneurial coaching and training:
- Are you suitable for self-employment or running your own business?
- Can you sell?
- How do you respond to setbacks?
- Do you have a good business idea?
- Define your business idea. What is your USP?
- Define your market and route to market
- How to price your product?
- What is your competition?
- Develop a business plan
- Specify your funding requirements – how to raise finance
- Design your marketing strategy
- Put in place your operational processes
- Career Coaching: The objectives of these sessions are entirely set by you. Whether it is to hone your leadership skills, managing change, how to get the best from your team or managers or just to stay on top of the game, these individual coaching sessions can make the difference.We find that the normal minimum requirement for this process is six sessions; the maximum tends to be twelve. Our pricing for this programme is dependent on the number of sessions required and will be between £1695 and £2395 plus VAT. We are not in the business of overselling to our clients. If you only need six sessions during this process, we will not try and sell you twelve.
Register for our Career Management programme online or contact us today on 020 7935 5452 for more information on this programme or any of our other careers advice programmes.